Where to buy our books
|If you are a bookstore or other bookseller
|Please visit our page for booksellers for detailed information.
|If you want to buy our books online
|If you want to buy our books in a store
|These retail stores do the best job of keeping our titles in stock:
City Lights Booksellers, San Francisco
Green Apple Books, San Francisco
M Is for Mystery, San Mateo
The Mysterious Bookshop, New York
The Poisoned Pen, Scottsdale
Powells City of Books, Portland
Seattle Mystery Bookshop, Seattle
You can also buy our books at these stores:
|If you want to order our books over the telephone
|Your copies of our books are only a phone call away, thanks to these merchants:
- Independent Publishers Group (IPG), toll-free (800) 888-4741 or(312) 337-0747
- M Is for Mystery, (650) 401-8077, or toll-free outside the Bay Area (888) 405-8077
- Murder One, +44 (0) 1923 438 335
- The Mysterious Bookshop, (800) 352-2840 toll-free
- Mystery Loves Company, toll-free (800) 538-0042 or (410) 276-6708
- The Poisoned Pen, toll-free (888) 560-9919 or (480) 947-2974
- Powell's City of Books, toll-free (866) 201-7601, or in the Portland, Oregon area, (503) 228-0540
- Seattle Mystery Books, (206) 587-5737
- Ziesing's Books, (530) 474-1580
|If you are a book club member
|Of our books, only Lost Stories by Dashiell Hammett has been selected by book clubs. It is available from both of these clubs:
|If you want books for a library
|Our titles are carried by most companies that sell to libraries in the United States
and Canada, and by several library specialists in the rest of the world:
|If you are with an academic or educational institution
- With its extensive resources, notes, index, and bibliography, Discovering The Maltese Falcon and Sam Spade is a valuable text for courses on
detective fiction, mystery fiction, American literary history, film noir, cinema history, and the censorship of literature and films.
- Hammett's Moral Vision is one of the most important critical works on Dashiell Hammett and hard-boiled fiction, and includes extensive footnotes, an index, and a 10-page bibliography.
- Lost Stories has been used for a course on Twentieth-Century American literature.
- The Dashiell Hammett Tour includes a biography of Hammett, an index of streets and addresses, a traditional index, and a 15-page annotated bibliography. This book is recommended for courses on northern California history and literary history.
Independent Publishers Group (IPG) and its subsidiary River North Editions represent our titles for classroom use.
Where to buy
Boring legal stuff: Copyright 2005-2011 Vince Emery Productions. "Vince Emery" is a registered trademark of Vince Emery Productions. "Vince Emery Productions," "emerybooks.com," and the Vince Emery signature are trademarks of Vince Emery Productions. So there.